Forbes residents are being encouraged to highlight brilliant women in their community, with nominations now open for the 2019 NSW Woman of the Year Awards.
Minister for Women, Tanya Davies officially opened state-wide nominations ahead of the 2019 Woman of the Year Awards program, which will be celebrating its eighth year. “These awards are our chance to recognise exceptional women across the State, particularly those who have excelled despite adversity or made contributions that improve the lives of others,” said Tanya.
“Women from all walks of life make outstanding contributions to our communities while overcoming gender inequity to pursue their personal and professional goals.”
The 2019 NSW Woman of the Year Award categories include:
• NSW Premier’s Woman of the Year Award
• NSW Aboriginal Woman of the Year
• Community Hero
• Harvey Norman Young Woman of the Year
• Rex Airlines Regional Woman of the Year
• NSW Business Woman of the Year
• First State Super Lifetime Achievement Nominations for 2019 close on Sunday, 11th November 2018. To nominate visit www.women.nsw.gov.au. The winners will be announced on Thursday, 7th March, the day before International Women’s Day.