Tuesday’s Golf Croquet was a wash out, but the rain was welcomed. Croquet Club members look forward to any rain in the future.
Aussie Croquet Saturday, 15th February
Saturday’s Aussie Croquet was played on the best grassed surface club members have played on for the last 12 months. It was slow for a start because of the thickness of the grass but it played beautifully as the day went on. Out of 24 players there were only two players who won their three matches. They were Barry White and Elvy Quirk.
The closest matches on the day were:
• Elvy Quirk, Jeff Liebich 14, def John Cole, Kathleen Broderick 11.
• Colleen Liebich, Joan Littlejohn 14, def Bill Scott, Roz Rennick 11.
• Dorelle Scott, Veva MacCullagh 14, def Robin Pols, John Browne 11.
• Bob Murray, Sandy Hepburn 14, def Cherylin Cole, Ray Burridge 13.
• Barry White, Bill Scott 14, def Roz Rennick, Lorraine Todd 11.
• Elvy Quirk, Harley Stewart 14, def Colleen Liebich, Bob Murray 12.
• Jeff Liebich, John Cole 14, def Ray Burridge, Tony Thomson 13.
• John Browne, Merv Langfield 14, def Cherylin Cole, Veva MacCullagh 12.
• John Browne, Merv Langfield 14, def Cherylin Cole, Dorelle Scott 12.