McCormack Welcomes Dedicated National Referral And Support Service For People With Disability: Federal Member for Riverina Michael McCormack is urging those with a disability in the Riverina and Central West to take advantage of a new national referral and support service. Mr McCormack said the dedicated one-stop service would provide advice and up-to-date information.
“This is an important service for those with a disability, as well as their loved ones, across the Riverina and Central West,” Mr McCormack said.
The Disability Gateway can assist with a range of support, from locating advocacy services, finding a sporting team that meets the needs of a person’s disability or identifying local disability-related events.
It is available at www.disabilitygateway.gov.au or by calling 1800 643 787 Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm AEST.
Conditions Of Entry For Bird Sale And Poultry Auction: Central West bird sale, community markets and poultry silent auction will be going ahead as planned on Saturday 14th August (pending further COVID restrictions). At this stage all sellers and the public will be subject to the following –
1. COVID check-in meaning you must have access to a smart phone;
2. Masks MUST be worn (a COVID Mar-shall will ask anyone to leave who is not complying);
3. A proof of address such as license will be checked. Anyone from a current hot spot including any area subject to COVID restrictions will be refused entry.
Other precautions we will implement include:
• We will have several sanitising stations throughout the venue;
• The toilets and hi-touch areas will be sanitised every 30 minutes;
• Three sheds will be used for selling of birds to lessen crowding;
• All market stalls will be outside;
• All sellers will enter via rear gate; (Racecourse Road) and general public by main entry (Show Street);
• All sheds will have entry and exit doors.
• Sharon 0406 512 851 for more info.
Mitre 10 Ladies Night: Ladies night is on again at Acheson’s Mitre 10 in Forbes. The blue chip event will be held on Thursday August 26 from 6-8pm. There will be promotions, prizes, info, refreshments and much more! Check their Facebook page for more info and latest COVID announcements and restrictions.