New Bin Bays for Meagher’s Lane: Waste management in Meagher’s Lane has been an ongoing issue for many years. With the recent refurbishment of the lane and continuing beautification of Templar Street and the wider CBD, Council has determined the need to rectify this issue. Bin bays will be placed along the Lachlan Street side of the lane way and the project will be broken up in to three stages. Stage One installation of one bin bay commenced on April 9.
Community Day on April 29: You are invited to the Forbes Community Day on 29 April from 10:30am-2:30pm at the Uniting Church Hall, 27 Browne Street, Forbes.
The following services will be available:
• EWON: To assist with any energy or water bills
• State Debt Recovery: To assist with any fines or information surrounding work develop orders.
• Centrelink: In regards to payments and claims.
• Disability Royal Commission: For matters pertaining to any disability complaints
• Family Law Issues: Assistance supplied by – First Nations Women’s Legal Program, Western NSW Community Legal Centre Inc, Western Women’s Legal Support, Wirringa Baiya, Legal Aid NSW.
• Register of Births Deaths and Marriages: To assist will birth certificate application.
This is a great opportunity for community members to ask questions and find out what services are available to them! For more information contact Binaal Billa on 6850 1234.
Forbes Riverside Community Garden Colouring Competition: We are back at it again for the Row of ‘Crows at the Forbes Community Gardens! Got a rivalry with a neighbour, think you can outdo your classmates or are just generally looking for something to keep yourself busy – this is the event for you! We are currently taking entries for our scarecrow competition which will be held on Saturday, 29 May. Email Nina or Di at email@example.com for more info.
Cycling Without Age Around Lake Forbes: Cycling Without Age held an in-formation morning at Forbes Lions Park on Sunday morning. A number of Rotary members attended and are very excited to get this new transport service to Forbes. Cycling Without Age provides an activity for people who have mobility problems to enjoy fresh air and have an outing. The trishaw is piloted by a trained rider and from all reports, the experience was very enjoyable for all!