Do you know when to REACH?: Hospitals and Multipurpose Services across the Western NSW LHD (WNSWLHD) will be rolling out the REACH system to help patients and their families escalate their concerns with staff about changes in a patient’s condition. The REACH model is a graded approach to patient and family activated escalation:
• Recognise: Patients and families can often recognise signs of deterioration before they are clinically evident.
• Engage: Patients and families should engage with their treating team if they are concerned that ‘something is not right’.
• Act: Patients and families can request a ‘clinical review’.
• Call: Patients and families can call for an independent review if they are still concerned.
• Help: Help will be on its way in Western NSW when you call our REACH number, your call will be answered by a nurse who will coordinate an independent review of the patient.
It’s No Time To Be Complacent: The Western NSW Local Health District (WNSWLHD) has urged residents to get tested for COVID-19, even if the symptoms they have experienced are mild.
There are a number of places where testing is available for people with mild symptoms including:
• General practitioners (call ahead).
• Respiratory Clinics being established in several communities by the Western Primary Care Network.
• Fever Clinics at Bathurst, Orange and Dubbo Hospitals.
• Testing clinics at smaller rural hospitals (call ahead).
If you are not sure if you should be tested, contact the Western Public Health Helpline on 1300 066 055.
Get A Saucepan And Wooden Spoon Ready: Music for Little Ears will be available online in Term 2. Samantha Bartholemeusz of the Orange Regional Conservatorium is moving her Music for Little Ears program online while libraries are closed. Samantha has created a six week program of videos to initiate little ears to classical music, singing, percussion, dancing and musical games. The program is suitable for ages two to five. Music for Little Ears at Home will be available to all members of Forbes Library. Register on Eventbrite and the link to the Orange Regional Conservatorium’s Channel will be emailed to you. Each new episode will be available for you to enjoy again and again from the comfort of your home. https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/music-for-little-ears-at-home-registration-104918624430