NSW businesses impacted by COVID may be entitled to small business grants according to NSW National’s Sam Farraway MLC.
“As a member of parliament who ran a small business in the region for many years before entering parliament, I know firsthand how our small businesses are the backbone of our regional communities,” Mr Farraway said.
“I understand how important it is to support our small businesses to get through the restrictions imposed during the current COVID outbreak in NSW. I have been in discussions with the Deputy Premier over the past two days about appropriate pack-ages of support,” he said. “I welcome the NSW Treasurers strong and swift support package announced today”.
The NSW Governments Small Business support package includes numerous benefits for small local businesses and operators are encouraged to check if they qualify:
• Dine & Discover vouchers extended to 31 August, and can now be used for takeaway – including where food is di-rectly delivered to your home from the venue;
• Small Business Support Grant for businesses and sole traders employing less than 20 FTE, depending on turnover decline. -$10,000 for a 70% decline -$7,000 for a 50% decline -$5,000 for a 30% decline;
• Hospitality and Tourism Grant, available to tourism or hospitality businesses that have a turnover of more than $75,000 and an Australian wages bill of below$10 million, depending on turnover decline. -$10,000 for a 70% decline -$7,000 for a 50% decline -$5,000 for a 30 % decline;
• More than $11 million for increased support for people at risk of homelessness;
• Optional deferral of payroll tax payments due in July 2021.
“I would encourage impacted businesses to contact Service NSW to gain access to this support package”.