Every year when January rolls around you vow to lose weight, save money or spend more time with family and friends. But what goals do you set for your home?
Here are some resolutions that will make your home a more beautiful, efficient and clean place:
Streamline The Stuff
One of the best and least expensive ways to feel better about your home is to clear it of clutter. This year resolve to go roomby- room periodically clearing anything that you don’t use, wear or love and donate it to charity. Stash useful (but not beautiful) items such as DVD’s, remotes and those kicked-off shoes in simple woven baskets. Clear your counters of everything you don’t use on a daily basis.
Work Out A Weekly System For Keeping Your House Clean
• Daily: Dishes go in the dishwasher every night. Dirty clothes go in the hamper and jackets or clean clothes are hung in the closet. Bring everything back to its assigned place.
• Weekly: Clean your entire house.
Shrink Your Bills The best place to start is by cutting your energy usage in your home:
• Remember to switch off the lights when you leave a room.
• Turn off your air conditioner when you leave the house.
• Try drying some of your clothes on the line and wait for the dishwasher or washing machine to be full before you run them.
Get Your Place Ready For Entertaining
To make you feel like inviting people in, why not give the areas you entertain in a little update? One easy update that makes your home seem more “finished” is the addition of plants. Lastly, take some time to rearrange your furniture so it is oriented in conversation groups and not just facing the television.
Source: HGTV website