Autumn is always the best time to get plen- ty of jobs done before the cold weather ar- rives.
1. Take a pen and notebook and stroll around your garden. Write a list of jobs that need doing.
- Repair, paint or tidy any garden furniture. Some may need painting, or cov- ering up for winter. Put away outdoor toys and paddling pools. Throw away anything old and not able to be repaired.
- Check your heating source. If you have a fire, you need to get wood and stack it. Your indoor heaters may need cleaning or servicing.
- Autumn is the best time to paint. The house can still be aired out in the day- time and it’s pleasant weather to put in the work.
5. New trees. Autumn is a great time to
plant new trees. If you drive a car, you should be planting seven new trees per year, to offset the carbon.
6. Clean out all gutters and tend to possible roof leaks. Late autumn is best, after all the leaves have fallen.
7. Sort and tidy your wardrobe. Before you put away your summer clothes and footwear, have a good look at what you didn’t wear this summer and toss them in the charity bag.
8. Children will be spending more time indoors. They are now a year older, so take a look at their bedroom, and ask them what they need.