Saturday was the inaugural competition for the Kristie Carpenter Perpetual Trophy, an Individual Stableford Medley for handicapped and social players, and sponsored by Terry Griffiths and Veronica Rebellato.
The overall winner was Mark Collits, decided by count back from four players who all finished on 40 points. In presenting the trophy, Veronica was full of excitement by Mark’s win, making reference to his and Kristie’s close friendship over many years.
Prizes were awarded for the men (presented in two divisions), the ladies and for social players:
• Mens Division 1 winner: Mark Collits 40 pts
• Mens Division 1 runner-up: John Betland 40 pts
• Mens Division 2 winner: Geoff Drane 40 pts
• Mens Division 2 runner-up: Brett Slack- Smith 38 pts
• Ladies winner: Jenny Hubbard 40 pts
• Ladies runner-up: Bess Shields 38 pts
• Social winner: Geoff Tilley 30 pts
• Social runner-up: Veronica Rebellato 27 pts
• The ball sweep went to 37 points on count back, going to: 40 – M Collis, G Drane, J Betland, J Hubbard; 39 – B Carpenter, A Dukes, M Haley; 38 – T Griffiths, B Shields, B Doyle, M Cartwright, J Carpenter, B Slack-Smith, A Callaghan and 37 – S Grallelis, R Nixon, B Drabsch, I Bown.
• The NTP’s went to: 9th – Ladies: J Hubbard, Men: B Carpenter and 18th – Ladies: B Drabsch, Men: P Dawson.
Scoring overall was pretty good with some eagles and many birdies being marked on the cards. Terry Griffiths had the best 9-hole Stableford with 25 points on the back-9. John Betland recorded the best scratch score, a 5-under par 67, shooting 32 on the front-9.
By Short Putt