The curtain has closed on yet another successful Forbes Eisteddfod, that this year saw over 350 solo performances, 45 School Groups, 4 Open Band Groups and a massive 1,150 Dance performances across eight days of competition.
Organisers were thrilled to be able to run a full eisteddfod program this year after the COVID-19 pandemic forced the cancellation of the 2020 event and only allowed for a restricted program that excluded dance sections in 2021.
For over six decades, the Forbes Eisteddfod has provided the opportunity to showcase and celebrate our region’s most talented singers, musicians, dancers, and performers. Today, it is highly regarded and attracts accomplished performers from across the State.
The event is held annually in June at the Forbes Town Hall, however, this year the dance sections were held at Red Bend Catholic College on new tarkett flooring.
The Championship winners this year included:
• Speech & Drama 12 years & under: Carmel Kelly
• Speech & Drama 13 years & over: Harry Morrissey
• Instrumental 12 years & under: Carmel Kelly
• Instrumental 13 years & over: Reuben Kelly
• Piano 12 years & under: Abbey Roberts
• Piano 13 years & over: Meg Roberts
• Vocal 12 years & under: Madison Willmott
• Vocal 13 years & over: Hannah Dun
Well done and congratulations to all the entrants who participated this year.