- Make friends with food: Think healthy, moderate eating!
- Make your own food: Know your ingredients and influence what ends up on your plate.
- Focus on the experience: If you enjoy what you eat, you’re less likely to fall into the restrict and binge cycle.
- Reinvent your favourite naughty dishes: If you like ice cream, try making it with coconut milk and stevia instead.
- Keep it social: Invite your friends to bring a dish.
If you are struggling to stick to your resolutions – try these tips:
• Make one change at a time.
• Break it up into smaller goals.
• Lift your Spirits.
• Give your willpower some wiggle room: avoid making 100% resolutions.
• Write down things you’re proud of, right down to ‘I get out of bed when I don’t want to.’
• Draw on the strength of images: put up a photo of a thinner you on the fridge, or a picture of a Caribbean beach in your wallet to remind yourself of the holiday you’re saving for.
(From WebMD and other internet sources)