Wayne Facey and John Dunkley were the standout shooters this week with both showing tremendous form leading into the busy part of the shooters calendar.
The final round of the Forbes S.S.A.A. sporting shooters .22 calibre rimfire rifle shield shoot was held on Sunday 20th February. Results were as follows:
• 25 metre Buffalo target shoot were – John Dunkley, 267/270; Steve Hindmarsh, 266/270; John Gorman, 266/270;
• 50 metre Rabbit target shoot were – Wayne Facey, 190/200; Niki Bolam, 189/200; David Carr, 185/200;
• 75 metre Mosquito target shoot were – John Dunkley, 116/120; Wayne Facey, 112/120; Niki Bolam, 112/120;
• 100 metre Fly target shoot were – David Carr, 112/120; John Dunkley, 109/120; Phil Anderson, 102/120.
• The 100 metre Rimfire Shield winner was Wayne Facey with a score of 386/480; Steve Hindmarsh came in second with a score of 378/480.
• Terry Knight won the Centre-fire shield with a score of 373/480. Second place went to Phil Anderson with a score of 236/480.
The next S.S.A.A. sporting shooters .22 calibre and other rimfire rifle (.22 magnum or .17HMR) will be on Wednesday, 2 March starting at 2pm. The next Sunday is 6 March at 10am. The Centre-fire rifle shoots start at 2pm. Junior shooters must be 12 years or over.
The next shoot for the Forbes S.S.A.A. sporting clay’s will be for the Cliff Bradley Memorial Trophy shoot on Sunday, 13 March.
Members should note the Forbes Sporting Shooters Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday, 9 March at the Forbes Sport and Recreation Club starting at 7:30pm. All interested parties are invited to attend.