• Home
  • Articles
    • Front Page
    • General Interest
    • Snippets
    • Letters to the Editor
    • Council Comments
  • Special Interests
  • Our Community
    • Our People
    • Question of the Week
    • Jobs in the Central West
    • Be Seen
    • What’s On
    • What’s Hot
  • Features
    • Women in Business
    • Rural Round Up
    • My Place
    • Loving Local Living
    • Wellness Wise
    • Just a Short Drive
    • Real Estate
  • Sports
    • Bowls
    • Cricket
    • Equestrian
    • Footy Tips
    • Golf
    • Netball
    • Rugby League
    • Rugby Union
    • Soccer
    • Touch Football
  • Classifieds
  • Competitions
  • Contact Us
    • Contact Page
    • Advertise with us
    • Testimonials
    • Submit an Article
    • Subscribe to the Forbes Phoenix

Forbes Phoenix

Home » Housing Pods Hit The Ground In Eugowra

Housing Pods Hit The Ground In Eugowra

February 17, 2023 by Roxane Manley

Flood-impacted residents across the Cabonne Shire can now apply for modular homes, with the NSW Liberal and Nationals Government expanding its temporary accommodation program following last year’s successful caravan rollout.

Minister for Flood Recovery Steph Cooke said modular homes are now being installed. “These pods will complement the 110 caravans we already have in place, giving residents more options and more support while they continue their recovery journey.”

“It’s important people remain as close as possible to their own home and connected with their community while they undertake the difficult clean-up and rebuilding process, that’s what the modular homes will allow,” said Steph.

Flood-impacted residents in the Cabonne Shire can apply for the Pods on Private Property Program by visiting their local Recovery Assistance Point, calling Service NSW on 13 77 88 or sending an email to: housingtaskforce@resilience.nsw.gov.au.

Caravans are continuing to be provided through a partnership between the NSW Liberal and Nationals Government and accommodation provider Camplify. Flood-impacted residents who have previously received a caravan and are eligible for a modular home will be able to transition.

More information at: www.nsw.gov.au/floods/recovery/temporary-housing.

Filed Under: Articles, General Interest, Living & Lifestyle, My House My Home, Special Interests

Click here to download the recent issue (176) of The Forbes & Parkes Phoenix (1.6MB PDF) – 13th February 2026

SEARCH THE PHOENIX

STAY CONNECTED

The Forbes Phoenix would like to thank you, our Facebook friends, for your continued support and readership!

Recent Articles

  • A $7.6 Million Boost For Forbes Future Water Security February 12, 2026
  • Mayoral Notes February 12, 2026
  • Snippets… February 12, 2026
  • Indigenous Storytellers Scholarship Returns February 12, 2026
  • Meet Indigenous Chef Mindy Woods At Forbes Crop Swap February 12, 2026

Phoenix Office 7/113-127 Rankin Street, Forbes NSW 2871

Editor 0432 337 278
editor@forbesphoenix.com.au

Sales 0432 337 278
sales@forbesphoenix.com.au

View our Privacy Policy. View our Conflict Resolution Process. View our Ethics and Complaints Policy. Want to advertise with us? Information on our Community Promotions.

We are always looking for new articles of interest to the local community.

Please feel free to submit an article for possible inclusion in a future issue.

To submit an article, click here to use our online article submission form.

Subscribe

* indicates required

Copyright © 2026 · Magazine Pro Theme On Genesis Framework · WordPress · Log in

Go to mobile version