Flu vaccinations are now available at both Flannery’s and Life Pharmacies.
Why should you have a flu vaccination?
• Having an annual flu vaccination is the best way to prevent catching and spreading the flu.
• Each year, the flu causes an estimated 13,500 hospitalisations and more than 3,000 deaths among Australians aged over 50 years.
• Last year (2017), Australia experienced one of the worst flu seasons in recent years.
• While in some cases, influenza vaccination may not prevent a person developing the flu virus, it can help to reduce the severity and/or duration of the flu and potentially prevent further serious complications.
• It is important to have the vaccine each year to continue to be protected because your immunity decreases over time and flu strains change year to year.
For people who are over 65, aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or who have chronic health conditions, you may be entitled to a free vaccination from your GP.
Drop in any time…
There is no need to make an appointment, just call in to either Pharmacy and our accredited Pharmacists are available to provide you with a flu shot straight away.
However, if you would like to make an appointment you can ring Flannery’s on 685 2111 or Life on 6852 2001.
Supporting our Community
For each vaccination given, Life and Flannery’s Pharmacies will be making a donation to two local organisations, so when you have your flu vaccination you’ll be given a token to choose which charity you want us to donate to.