Hordes of people flocked to Templar and Rankin Streets last Friday to enjoy the Christmas Carnival and some late-night shopping that was topped off with ideal weather.
There was much to see and do for the young and the young at heart, such as rides on the tea cups, jumping castles and Hector, the bucking bull. Artistic talents were on show with the Street Art and kids got involved in exciting games.
Showcasing 30 market stalls with lots of variety. Some of the stalls included plants, children’s clothes, honey, cherries, adult clothing, handmade jewellery, natural oils, candles, signs and slime. There were also some wonderful food and drink stalls around.
Forbes Business Chamber Chairperson, Marg Duggan expressed her gratitude to everyone that assisted with the event and congratulated the draw winners of the Find It In Forbes Christmas Promotion.
“Congratulations to all of our winners! We would also like to thank the community for their support, especially to those businesses that loaned equipment and the wonderful volunteers that assisted with set-up and pack-up. They are absolutely amazing and made the job so much easier,” said Marg.
The winners of the 10 x $500 ‘Why Leave Town’ draws were as follows:
• Draw 1: Kaye Neville (ticket from Brons Hair/sponsored by Forbes Shire Council)
• Draw 2: Roz Dukes (ticket from Loomzys Fish and Fix/sponsored by Forbes Services Memorial Club)
• Draw 3: Dianne King (ticket from Bernardis/ sponsored by Terry Bros Carpet Court)
• Draw 4: Susan Steward (ticket From Painted Daisies/sponsored by Forbes Services Memorial Club)
• Draw 5: Denise Palmer (ticket From Cahills Footwear/sponsored by Forbes Shire Council)
• Draw 6: Roz House (ticket from Bernardis/ sponsored by Terry Bros Carpet Court)
• Draw 7: Jenny Bray (ticket from Pantry Cafe and Catering/sponsored by Forbes Services Memorial Club)
• Draw 8: Rod Ridley (ticket from News On Rankin/sponsored by Little Extras)
• Draw 9: Donna Fitzgerald (ticket from Undercover Sleepwear/sponsored by Bernardis)
• Draw 10: Brian Dwyer (ticket from Allure On Main/sponsored by Central West Diesel)
The winners of the 2 x $100 ‘Why Leave Town’ draws for the social media competition were:
• Draw 1: Larissa Moore
• Draw 2: Alex Hutchings
The major draws will be held on 24th December on the corner of Battye and Rankin Streets from 11:30am. Tim Redfern from Lachlan Readymix will load the tickets at approximately 11am into the concrete mixer.
The draws are made up of 5 x $1,000, 1 x $2,000, 1 x $3,000 and 1 x $5,000. All of the prizes will be awarded in loaded ‘Why Leave Town’ cards.
When shopping at the participating businesses remember to ask for your tickets to go into the draw. The participating businesses are: Agriwest; Allure on Main; Bernardi’s; Better Home Living; Blue Sky Outdoors Experts; Blush Organic Beauty; Bowns Sports Power; Brons Hair Design; C&D floorcoverings; Cahills Footwear; Chapter 2; Country Bakehouse; Eye Wear Specs; Flannerys Pharmacy; Forbes Family Dentists; Forbes Inn; Forbes Small Engines; Gottaluvit; Gunns Mensland; Helloworld Travel; Hozpots; Julianna Kneebone Solicitors; Ladybird Boutique; Life Pharmacy; Little Extra’s; Loomsys Fish & Fix; Made Of Fridays; News On Rankin; Painted Daisies; Pantry Cafe and Catering; Phillip Wells Optometrist; Robbs Jewellers; Roylances Auto One; Terry Bros Carpet Court; Turners Furniture One; Undercover Sleepwear; Vandenberg Hotel and Walkers Ag N Vet.
“A huge thank you goes to the Naming Rights Sponsor Forbes Shire Council, Gold Sponsor Forbes Services Memorial Club, Silver Sponsor Terry Bros Carpet Court and Bronze Sponsors Little Extras, Bernardis and Central West Diesel for the amazing Find It In Forbes Promotion.”
“We would also like to thank the supporters for the Find It In Forbes Promotion which are Forbes Livestock, Forbes Toyota, Hazel and Field Accountants, Hughes and Co, Kevin Miller, Whitty Lennon & Co, MCC Forbes, MidPro Engineering, Midwest Pest and WA Knights,” said Marg.