Golf Croquet Tuesday 21 July
It was a bit damp underfoot for the start of Golf Croquet, but it turned out to be a perfect day. There were 36 players for Tuesday’s games where two groups had to follow on. The numbers for golf croquet are increasing which is great for the club. Five players won three matches, they were:
• John Browne
• John Cole
• Jeff Liebich
• Neville Spry
• Barry White
The closest games on the day were:
• Jill Rubie, Jeff Liebich 7, def Geoff Coles, Marie Spry 6.
• Colleen Liebich, Sandy Hepburn 7, def Judy Ellis, Ray Burridge 6.
• Alec Todd, Neville Spry 7, def Tony Tomson, John Job 6.
• Elvy Quirk, Lorna Field 7, def Bob Murray, Joan Littlejohn 6.
• John MacCullagh, Geoff Coles 7, def Evelyn Mahlo, Bill Scott 6.
• Mal Smith, Vince Roberts 7, def Sally Perry, Libby Smart 6.
• Tony Thomson, John Cole 7, def Joan Littlejohn, Merv Langfield 6.
• Lyn Simmonds, Barry White 7, def Elvy Quirk, Vince Roberts.
• John Browne, Lorraine Todd 7, def Colleen Liebich, Robin Pols 6.
• Lorna Field, Bob Murray 7, def Harley Stewart, Denny Smith 6.
• John Browne, Sandy Hepburn 7, def Evelyn Mahlo, Lyn Simmonds 6.
• Dorelle Scott, John Coles 7, def Lorna Field, Colleen Liebich 6.
• Kevin Rubie, Bruce Field 7, def Bill Scott, Lorraine Todd 6.
Saturday’s Aussie Croquet game was a washout. The courts were set up and teams were on the grass and ready to go when the rain started. A race to pack up ensued and the players quickly retreated to their cars and off home. There were no complaints about the rain as we all know it is needed.