Last Tuesday saw 33 players take to the field for a game of Golf Croquet. The Forbes Croquet Club continues to get a good number roll up each week, which means that so many are enjoying the game and the friendship and fellowship of the Club. The close games last week were:
• John Browne, Tony Thomson 7 def Bob Murray, Joan Littlejohn 6.
• Barry White, Vince Roberts def Jill Ru- bie, Jeff Liebich 6.
• Neville Spry, John Cole 7 def Elvy Quirk, Ruth Cheney 6.
• John Allegri, Lorraine Todd 7 def Colleen Liebich, Denny Smith 6.
• Sandy Hepburn, John Farah 7 def Alec Todd 6.
• Vince Roberts, John Cole 7 def Dorelle Scott, John Allegri 6.
• John Browne, Tony Thomson def Bill Scott, John MacCullagh 6.
• Merv Langfield, Joan Littlejohn 7 def Geoff Coles, Bob Murray 6:
• Jill Rubie, Evelyn Mahlo 7 def Jeff Liebich, Neville Spry 6.
• Denny Smith, Merv Langfield 7 def Jill Rubie Ruth Cheney 6.
There was only one runaway game where Kevin Rubie 10 defeated Evelyn Mahlo and Sandy Hepburn with 3. All three games were won by John Browne, Merv Langfield, Vince Roberts, Kevin Rubie and Mal Smith. Great to see one of the Club’s newest players get into the circle by winning all three games, well done Vince.
There was no Aussie Croquet played last Saturday due to wet weather.
The Club continues their heartfelt thanks to a small few of the members who make every effort to make sure the fields are set out each day of play and make sure all is in readiness for morning tea, as well as making sure all Croquet notes get to the paper on time. A special thank you for the effort made from all of those members.
By Elvy Quirk