Golf Croquet Results 7 July
A total of 32 players turned up for last Tuesdays Golf Croquet. The general idea for new players is to have some time getting used to playing Tuesdays Golf Croquet before going on to the Saturday Aussie Croquet, which needs a little more skill. The partner is very important in Aussie Croquet and working as a team wins the game. Five players won their three games this week. They were: John Cole, John Job, Bob Murray, Jill Rubie and Dorelle Scott. The closest games on the day were:
• Jill Rubie, Jeff Liebich 7, def Sandy Hepburn, Alec Todd 6.
• Bob Murray, Joan Littlejohn 7, def John MacCullagh, Evelyn Mahlo 6.
• John Browne, Vince Robert 7, def Col- leen Liebich, Sally Perry 6.
• Jill Rubie, Bill Scott 7, def Evelyn Mahlo, Jeff Liebich 6.
Results Aussie Croquet 11 July
There were 27 players on the courts for the start of Aussie Croquet. The main concern was to complete the three matches before the rain arrived. Halfway through the last game, players had to run for cover and three of the games had to be cancelled. There were only two winners of the three matches, they were: John Cole and Libby Smart. The closest scores on the day were:
• John Browne 14, def Judy Ellis, John Allegri 10.
• Marie Spry, Neville Spry 14, def Merv Langfield, Joan Littlejohn 11.
• Geoff Coles, Harley Stewart 14, def John Job, John MacCullagh 13.
• Joan Littlejohn, Kevin Rubie 14 def Jill Rubie, Lorraine Todd 12.
• Merv Langfield, John Cole 14, def Elvy Quirk, John MacCullagh 12.
• Marie Spry, John Cole 14, def John Browne, Bill Scott 11.