Golf Croquet 30 June
There were 29 players for Tuesdays Golf Croquet and two potential members to the club were also introduced. Welcome Sally and Pip Perry. The surprise of the day was Sally Perry in her first game partnering Elvy Quirk and Colleen Liebich in two of her three games for a well-deserved victory. This was a big effort on her first day at the club. The winners of three games were Bill Scott, Colleen Liebich, Joan Littlejohn and Kevin Rubie.
The closest games on the day were:
• Jeff Liebich, Libby Smart 7, def Mal Smith, Denny Smith 6.
• Merv Langfield, John Littlejohn 7 def Veva MacCullagh, John Cole 6.
• John Browne, Marie Spry 7, def Tony Thomson, Pip Perry 6.
• Bill Scott 7, def Dorelle Scott, Alex Todd 6.
• Dorelle Scott 7, def Sandy Hepburn 6.
• Jill Rubie, Bob Murray 7, def Veva MacCullagh, Libby Smart 6.
Aussie Croquet 4 July
There were some brave players at croquet on Saturday. The wind chill was so bad, there were cars parked beside the croquet club house to try and block the wind. The temperature never went above 8 degrees. Everyone was rugged up and a few players pulled out after the first game. It is, after all, only a game and freezing to death is not part of the Croquet schedule. There were only three players to win three games, they were: Harley Stewart, Cherylin Cole and Bob Murray.
The closest scores on the day were:
• Harley Stewart, Lorraine Todd 14, def Alec Todd, Neville Spry 8.
• John Browne 14 def Bill Scott, ElvyQuirk 10.
• Geoff Coles, John Cole 14, def Joan Lit-tlejohn, Merv Langfield 11.
• Jill Rubie, Bob Murray 14, def Kevin Ru-bie, John Job 13.
• Harley Stewart, Bill Scott 14, def GeoffColes, Marie Spry 10.