It was a wonderful surprise on Saturday to see what appears to be the final piece of the ramp jigsaw puzzle safely enclosed at the croquet grounds. The ramp will make things so much easier for members to access the amenities in the club house. Thanks to Forbes Shire Council. The birthday lunch for November will be held at the Forbes Services Club on Tuesday 12th November. The last Croquet day before Christmas will be on the 21st December.
Golf croquet results 29th October
The winners of three games on the day were: John Cole, Kevin Rubie, Bill Scott and Neville Scott. It was more of the same old same old. It shows how competitive the above players have been all season. The closest games on the day were:
• Neville Spry, Geoff Coles 7, def John Job, John MacCullagh 6
• Lily Allegri, John Cole 7, def Lorraine Todd, Bob Murray 6
• Jeff Liebich, Robin Pols 7, def Mary Hodges, Dorelle Scott 6
• Merv Langfield, Lyn Simmonds 7, def Bob Murray, Sandy Hepburn 6
• John Job 7, def Marie Spry 6
• Kevin Rubie, Bruce Field 7, def Veva MacCullagh, Barry White 6
• Ruth Cheney, Barry White 7, def Dorelle Scott, John Browne 6
• John Cole, Lyn Simmonds 7, def Marie Spry, Merv Langfield 6
Aussie croquet results 2nd November
It was a windy morning with hats and chairs being blown in all directions, however it did not dampen the spirits of the players. Welcome back to Jill Rubie after her hospital stay. She recovered quickly as the scores of the day told the story. She won three games on her first visit back to the courts.