Golf Croquet 29 September
It was a nice morning for croquet with 29 players on the courts. For the first time, no player won three games. Either the competition is getting better or everyone had an off day. Some of the closest games on the day were:
• Colleen Liebich, Libby Smart 7, defeated Tony Thomson,Sandy Hepburn 6.
• Bill Scott 7, defeated Alec Todd, Geoff Coles 6.
• Lyn Simmonds 7, defeated Judy Ellis 6.
• Kevin Rubie, John Job 8, defeated Jenny Job, Evelyn Mahlo 5.
• Bob Murray, Jeff Liebich 7, defeated Mary Hodges, Joan Littlejohn 6.
• Dorelle Scott, John Farah 7, defeated Merv Langfield, Mal Smith 6.
• John Browne, Jeff Liebich 7, defeated Joan Littlejohn, Robin Pols 6.
• Sandy Hepburn, John Job 7, defeated Marie Spry, Alec Todd 6.
• Elvy Quirk, John Farah 7, defeated John Brown, Lyn Simmonds 6.
Aussie Croquet 3 October
Saturday was a lovely day for Aussie Croquet. Thirty players were on the courts and the winners of three games were: John Browne, Joan Littlejohn, Lyn Simmonds, Libby Smart and Harley Stewart. The closest scores on the day were:
• Barry White, Bob Murray 14, defeated Lorraine Todd, Bill Scott 11.
• Neville Spry, Tony Thomson 14, defeated Dorelle Scott, John Farah 11.
• Ray Burridge, Geoff Coles 14, defeated John Job, John Allegri 11.
• John Browne 14, defeated Kevin Rubie 10.
• Harley Stewart, Colleen Liebich 14, defeated Barry White, Neville Spry 11.
• Merv Langfield, Libby Smart 14, defeated Marie Spry, Bill Scott 12.
• John Farah, Lyn Simmonds 14, defeated Tony Thomson 11.
• Jill Rubie, Jeff Liebich 14, defeated John Allegri, John Job 13.
• Elvy Quirk, John MacCullagh 14, defeated Judy Ellis, Robin Pols 11.