The Forbes Croquet Club has certainly had some wet and cold weather of late. Thirty-three players made their way to the Forbes Croquet lawns last Tuesday, where there was some very mixed scoring. Close games were recorded by the following:
• Bob Murray, Joan Littlejohn 7 defeated Colleen, Jeff Liebich 6.
• Marie Spry, Lorraine Todd 7 defeated Jennifer Job, Barry White 6.
• Alec Todd, Sandy Hepburn 7 defeated Neville Spry 6.
• Lyn Simmonds, Marie Spry 7 defeated Joan Littlejohn, Jill Rubie 6.
• John Browne 7 defeated Tony Thomson 6.
• Ray Burridge, Merv Langfield 7 defeated John Job, Jeff Liebich 6.
• Sally Perry, Mal Smith 7 defeated Mary Hodges, John Allegri 6.
• John MacCullagh, Neville Spry 7 defeat- ed Colleen Liebich, John Farah 6.
It was pleasing to see some of the club’s newest players up in the winning ranks, congratulations Sally.
The winners of three games were John Browne, Merv Langfield, Bill Scott and Alec Todd. Well done to those players.
Once again there was no croquet played on Saturday due to a misty morning and the extremely cold winds.
A new ruling had been put in place that players must arrive ten minutes before the start of play so that numbers can be put in the draw to be ready to start play on time.
With COVID-19 still scouting around, players must always remain vigilant and continue to practice social distancing.
By Elvy Quirk