On the beautiful, sunny Tuesday, 3 November there were 28 players at Golf Croquet. It was Melbourne Cup Day, so before play began, five sweeps were drawn. There were four lucky winners with one winning twice. The four winners of three games were Bruce Field, John MacCullagh, Evelyn Mahlo and Bob Murray. The close games played were:
• John Allegri and John Job 7, defeated Marie Spry and Denny Smith 6.
• Bruce Field and Mary Hodges 7, defeated John Job and Tony Thomson 6.
• John Browne and John Farah 7, defeated Kevin Rubie and Vince Roberts 6.
• Geoff Coles and Tony Thomson 7, defeated John Farah and Mal Smith 6.
• Barry White and Jeff Liebich 7, defeated Sandy Hepburn 6.
• Dorelle Scott and Denny Smith 7, defeated Elvy Quirk and Vince Roberts 6.
• Bruce Field and Bob Murry 7, defeated Colleen Liebich and Lyn Simmonds 6.
Aussie Croquet was played on Saturday, 7 November after the previous two Saturday games being cancelled due to wet weather. There was only one winner of three games, well done John Job. Close games played were:
• John Browne and Lix McLean 14, defeated Merv Langfield and Lorraine Todd 12.
• Harley Stewart and John Job 14, defeated Bill Scott and Sandy Hepburn 13.
• Dorelle Scott and Bob Murry 14, defeated Doreen Rodges and Ray Burridge 12.
• John Browne and Marie Spry 14, defeated Joan Littlejohn and Colleen Liebich 12.
• John Job and John MacCullagh 14, defeated Lix McLean and Doreen Rogerd 13.
• John Allegri and John Job 14, defeated Marie Spry and Tony Thomson 13.
• John MacCullagh 14, defeated Lorraine Todd 13.