The annual general meeting was held at the Croquet club house on Tuesday, 13 October and the positions are as follows:
• President, Elvie Quirk
• Vice President, Keven Rubie
• Secretary, Colleen Leibich
• Treasurer, Elvie Quirk
• Assistant Treasurer, Marie Spry
• Publicity Officer, Tony Thomson
• Public Officer, John Browne
• Committee, Bill Scott, Dorelle Scott, John Browne, Neville Spry and Ray Burridge.
Thirty-five players turned up on a beautiful Tuesday morning for Golf Croquet. Because of the annual general meeting, only two games were played. The winners of two games were John Browne, Geoff Coles, Bruce Field, Sandy Hepburn, Jenny Job, Joan Littlejohn, Veva MacCullagh, Bob Murray, Robin Pols, Elvie Quirk and Alex Todd. Close games were played by:
• John Browne and Geoff Coles 7 defeated Libby Smart and Sally Perry 6.
• Sandy Helburn and Tony Thomson 7 defeated Dorelle Scott and Marie Spry 6.
• Robin Pols and Alex Todd 7 defeated Keven Rubie and Mary Hodge 6.
• Elvie Quirk and Jill Rubie 7 defeated Libby Smart and Bill Scott 6.
After the last game, a very special 90th birthday was celebrated for Joan Little- john with morning tea and a cake. Joan is still winning most of her games, well done Joan. Joan’s daughter and granddaughter were invited as special guests to help cel- ebrate the occasion.
Twenty-nine players turned up for Aussie Croquet on Saturday, 17 October. The winners of three games were: John Browne, Ray Burridge, Geoff Coles and Joan Littlejohn.
Close games were played by:
• Robin Poles and Bill Scott 14 defeated Lyn Simmmons and John MacCoullagh 13.
• Bob Murry and Geoff Cokes 14 defeated Bob Scott and Harley Stewart 12.
By Pegging Out