Thirty-three players took to the courts on Tuesday, 15 September. It was the best Tuesday morning, weather-wise, since before winter. At this stage, the all-weather shelter looks like it will happen. To take shelter from the hot sun in summer, and the cold breeze in winter will be a god send.
Five players won three games on the day, they were Geoff Coles, Bruce Field, Joan Littlejohn, Bill Scott and Barry White. Congratulations go to Bruce Field as it has been some time since he has achieved this.
The closest scores on the day were:
• Mal Smith, Jeff Liebich 7, defeated Neville Spry, Merv Langfield 6.
• Alec Todd, Mary Hodges 7, defeated Lorraine Todd, John Browne 6.
• Barry White 8, defeated John Allegri 5.
• Bill Scott, Mal Smith 7, defeated Lyn Simmonds, John Farah 6.
• Bruce and Lorna Field 7, defeated Tony Thomson, Robin Pols 6.
• Ray Burridge, Neville Spry 7, defeated Denny Smith, Lorraine Todd 6.
• Marie Spry, John Allegri 7, defeated Bob Murray, Libby Smart 6.
• Robin Pols, Bill Scott 7, defeated John Farah, Sandy Hepburn 5.
• Bruce Field, Geoff Coles 7, defeated Sandy Hepburn, Robin Pols 6.
• Kevin Rubie, Mary Hodges 7, defeated John Browne, Merv Langfield 6.
Twenty-six players were on the courts on Saturday. The only player to win three matches was Sandy Hepburn. Well done Sandy.
The closest games on the day were:
• Judy Ellis and Merv Langfield 14, defeated Barry White and Geoff Coles 11.
• Bill Scott and Joan Littlejohn 14, defeated Colleen Liebich and Jill Rubie 11.
• Bob Murray and Sandy Hepburn 14, defeated Lorna Field and Lyn Simmonds 11.
• Tony Thomson and Marie Spry 14, defeated Neville Spry and John Job 11.
• Bill Scott and Joan Littlejohn 14, defeated Robin Pols and BarryWhite 12.
• Elvy Quirk, Dorelle Scott 14, defeated Geoff Coles, Jill Rubie 12.
• Jeff Liebich, Neville Spry 14, defeated Lorraine Todd, Joan Littlejohn 12.
• Judy Ellis, Lyn Simmonds 14, defeated Colleen Liebich, Marie Spry 13.
• Kevin Rubie, Tony Thomson 14, defeated Ray Burridge, John Browne 11.
• Bob Murray, Merv Langfield 14, defeated John Allegri, John MacCullagh 11.