Golf Croquet Tuesday, 8 September
With the start of Spring and with the sun shining, 31 players graced the courts. Not a bad turn out for the matches.
Six players won their three games. They were: John Browne, Sandy Hepburn, Robin Pols, Jill Rubie, Alec Todd, and Harley Stewart. The closest games on the day were:
• Barry White, Denny Smith 7, defeated Mary Hodges, Sally Perry 6.
• John Browne 7, defeated Bill Scott, Mal Smith 6.
• Sandy Hepburn, Joan Littlejohn 8, defeated Bruce Field 5.
• Elvy Quirk, Robin Pols 7, defeated Neville Spry, John Farah 6.
• Neville Spry, John Allegri 7, defeated Geoff Coles, Libby Smart 6.
• Lorraine Todd, Bruce Field 7, defeated E Mahlo, Joan Littlejohn 6.
Aussie Croquet Saturday, 12 September
It was a very competitive morning for the Aussie Croquet. Six players won their three games. Congratulations to Elizabeth Mclean who did this for the first time. Well done to Kevin Rubie who has accomplished this feat more than any other player. Other players with three wins on the day were: Harley Stewart, John Browne, John MacCullagh and Marie Spry. Closest scores were:
• Lorraine Todd, Elizabeth McLean 14, defeated Merv Langfield, Roz Rennick 12.
• John Browne 14, defeated Tony Thomson 11.
• Joan Littlejohn, Libby Smart 14, defeated Jill Rubie, Elvy Quirk 11.
• John Allegri, John MacCullagh 14, defeated Ray Burridge 13.
• Geoff Coles, Tony Thomson 14, defeated Barry White, Lorraine Todd 13.
• Marie Spry, Robin Pols 14, defeated Roz Rennick, Colleen Liebich 11.
• Elizabeth McLean, Joan Littlejohn 14, defeated Neville Spry, John Allegri 10.
• Jill Rubie, Jeff Liebich 14, defeated Bill Scott, Sandy Hepburn 10.