Golf Croquet Tuesday, 25 August
On Tuesday, 25 August there were 34 players and it was great to see a mostly sunny situation, despite a cool breeze, it was a pleasant day on the lawns. A few close games were played with:
• John Browne and Neville Spry 7, defeated Judy Ellis and Dorelle Scott 6.
• John Job and John MacCullagh 7 defeated Lyn Simmonds and Vince Roberts 6.
• Field and Robin Pols 7 defeated Colleen Liebich and Barry White 6.
• Dorelle Scott and Lorraine Todd 7 defeated Robin Pols and Marie Spry 6.
• Sandy Hepburn and Alec Todd 7 defeated Jeff Liebich and Sally Perry 6.
• Elvy Quirk and John Browne 7 defeated Joan Littlejohn and John Cole 6.
• John Allegri and John Farah 7 defeated Bill Scott and Jennifer Job 6.
At Golf Croquet on Tuesday there were a good number of players winning all three games. They were John Allegri, John Browne, Bruce Field, Bob Murray, Neville Spry and Alec Todd. It was great to see Bruce Field win all three games as Bruce has not played much lately.
Aussie Croquet Saturday, 29 August
For Aussie Croquet on Saturday, the club was a little down on numbers, but it was a very pleasant day and the sun was quite warm with Spring in the air. There were varied scores on Saturday with no close games recorded however, quite a few 14/11 games were played.
• Elvy Quirk and Judy Ellis defeated Dorelle Scott and Joan Littlejohn.
• Doreen Rogers and Lyn Simmonds defeated Bill Scott and Marie Spry.
• Lorraine Todd and Neville Spry defeated Judy Ellis and Dorelle Scott.
• Sandy Hepburn and John Allegri defeated Barry White and Robin Pols.
• Robin Pols and John Job defeated Lorraine Todd and Joan Littlejohn.
• Doreen Rogers and Bob Murray defeated Jill Rubie and Merv Langfield.
Three games of Aussie croquet were recorded by John Browne, Lyn Simmonds, and Neville Spry. Congratulations to all who won three games and especially to John Browne and Neville Spry who won all three games on both days.
By Elvy Quirk