Tuesday, 19 January was a fine day for Gold Croquet and 31 players came down, ready and raring to go. There were only two winners of three games, Jeff Liebich and Mal Smith. Big winners were 11-2, Evelyn Mahlo and Bruce Field. 10-3 Jill Rubie and Alex Todd, John Browne and Neville Spry. 9-4 Alex Todd and Joan Littlejohn. Close Games were:
• Lyn Simmonds and John Cole 7, John Allegri and John MacCullagh 6.
• Kevin Rubie and Lorraine Todd 7, Tony Thomson and Judy Ellis 6.
• Geoff Coles and John Job 7, Libby Smart and Joan Littlejohn 6.
• John Allegri and John Farah 7, John Browne 6.
• Colleen Liebich and Tony Thomson 7, John Allegri and Elvy Quirk 6.
• Geoff Coles and Merv Langfield 7, Jill Rubie and Marie Spry 6.
• Harley Stewart and Evely Mahlo 7, John Allegri and Robin Pols 6.
• Bob Murry and Marie Spry 7, Jill Rubie and Colleen Liebich 6.
• Judy Ellis and John Browne 7, Geoff Coles and Marie Spry 6.
• Jeff Liebich and Libby Smart 7, John Coles and John Jud 6.
Twenty-five players played Aussie Croquet on a pleasant Saturday, 23 January. The winners of three games were John Allegri, Bob Murray, Kevin Rubie and Tony Thom- son. Close games were:
• John Farah and Bill Scott 14, John Rob and Ray Burridge 13.
• Marie Spry and Bill Scott 14, Harley Stewart and John Job 13.
• Geoff Coles and Bob Murry 14, Murrie Spry and Colleen Liebich 12.
• Kevin Rubie and Neville Spry 14, Barry White and Jeff Liebich 12.
• Liz McLean and Robin Pols 14, Cheryle Toohey and Lorraine Todd 12.
By Pegging Out