On Tuesday, 17 November there were a total of 31 players for Golf Croquet. The winners of three games were Ray Burridge, Jenny Job, Bill Scott, Libby Smart, Danny Smith and Alex Todd. The best win of the day was 12 to 1 with Kevin Rubie and Mal Smith, followed by 10 to 3 by Danny Smith and Jenny Job, Alex Todd and Geoff Coles, and John MacCullagh and Bill Scott.The close games were:
• Jenny Job and Joan Littlejohn 7, defeated Jeff Liebich and Marie Spry with 6.
• Dorelle Scott and John Allegri 7, defeated Mal Smith and John Farah with 6.
• Bill Scott 7, defeated John MacCullagh and Neville Spry with 6.
• Ray Burridge and Libby Smart 7, defeated Joan Littlejohn and Bruce Field with 6.
• Neville Spry 7, defeated John Allegri and Barry White with 6.
• Jenny Job and Bruce Field 7, defeated Marie Spry and Sandy Hepburn with 6.
• Colleen Liebich and Lorraine Todd 7, defeated Sally Perry and Lyn Simmonds with 6.
On Saturday, 21 November a total of 24 players braved the heat and came to the grounds to play Aussie Croquet. Luckily, play was finished before the blistering heat set in. The winners of three games were John Allegri, Geoff Coles, John Farah, Jill Rubie, Marie Spry, Neville Spry and Barry White. The best win on the day went to Geoff Coles and John MacCullagh on 14 to 5. Saturday’s closest games were:
• Barry White 14, defeated Danny Smith and John Job with 12.
• Ray Burridge 14, defeated Kevin Rubie with 13.
• Libby Smart 14, defeated Ray Burridge with 12.
• Marie Spry 14, defeated John Job with 12.
• Harley Stewart and Joan Littlejohn 14, defeated Doreen Rogers and Liz McLean with 12.
By Pegging Out