The Forbes Croquet Club President Elvy Quirk is off to Sydney to have an ear operation, and members wish her all the best and look forward to her return.
On Tuesday, 10 November there were 29 players at Golf Croquet. The winners of three games were John Browne, Ray Burridge, Joan Littlejohn, Bob Murry and Barry White. There was one winning combination of John Allegri and Elvy Quirk winning 13 to 0. Other good wins 10 to 3 were Barry White and Bob Murry, Colleen Liebich and Lorraine Todd, Evelyn Mahlo and Tony Thomson, and Kevin Ruby and Bob Murry. Close games played were:
• Lorraine Todd and Vince Roberts 7, defeated Harley Stewart and John Allegri 6.
• Kevin Rubie and Evelyn Mahlo 7, defeated Elvy Quirk and Tony Thomson 6.
• John Browne 7, defeated Bruce Field 6.
• John MacCullagh and Ray Burridge 7, defeated Harley Stewart and Sally Perry 6.
• Merv Langfield and Joan Littlejohn 7, defeated Eveln Mahlo and John Job 6.
Aussie Croquet was played on another beautiful Saturday. The five winners of three games were Jeff Liebich, John MacCullagh, Bob Murry, Kevin Rubie and Neville Spry. Close games played were:
• Jeff Liebich and Neville Spry 14, defeat- ed Lorraine Todd 11.
Barry White and Sandy Hepburn 14, de- feated John Allegri and Merv Langfield 11.
• John MacCullagh and Bill Scott 14, de- feated Judy Ellis and Joan Littlejohn 11. Kevin Rubie and Ray Burridge 14, de- feated John Browne and Tony Thomson 11.
• Neville Spry and Sandy Hepburn 14, defeated Marie Spry and Joan Littlejohn 11.
• John Browne and John MacCullagh 14, defeated Lorraine Todd and Doreen Rogers 11.