
“My heart goes out to those impacted by the devastating floods in the Central West and beyond,” said Member for Orange Phil Donato MP. Contact his office if you need any help accessing government services, phone 6362 5199 or email orange@parliament.nsw.gov.au
The Battle To Recover: Business NSW (Western NSW) believes businesses impacted by the current and ongoing weather events across Western NSW will need to be able to access the full range of financial support to reopen and recover. “We thank all levels of government and all the volunteers for their dedication and hard work so far to help our community through these current and unfolding natural disasters,” said Regional Director Vicki Seccombe. “Flood affected businesses in Western NSW will need access to grants such as the $50,000 small business grant that assists with the clean-up, stock losses and the reinstatement of a small business that were provided this year to businesses along the NSW Coast and Sydney. Western NSW businesses have shown incredible resilience to survive the past number of years, but these recent and evolving events could well mean they have little choice but to close for good.”
Reconsider All Travel: Motorists are urged to reconsider their travel plans, after floodwaters closed or damaged major roads and highways across the Central Tablelands, Central West, Orana and Far West. Minister for Regional Transport and Roads Sam Farraway said heavy storms on Sunday and Monday caused significant damage to roads, bridges and transport infrastructure. “We are asking all motorists to reconsider the need to travel to flood affected areas,” Sam said. “Many roads across the region are closed and others are likely to close with minimal notice. He said it was vitally important that motorists were extra vigilant on the roads and to never drive through floodwaters. He added potholes and damaged road surfaces also created hazards.
End of an era: The last service for Cookamidgera Uniting Church will be held on Sunday, 20th November. Only a small group of people have been worshipping in the building for a number of years and the decision has been made by those people to join the Parkes Congregation. The church was built for the Methodist Congregation by AR Davis of Parkes for £475. The church opened on 12th February 1930, and has over the years hosted services of several denominations, as well as weddings, funerals and special celebrations for local families and the community. The closing service at 10:30am will be followed by a BBQ. Local community and anyone with past connections to the Cookamidgera Church are welcome to attend.

















