• Home
  • Articles
    • Front Page
    • General Interest
    • Snippets
    • Letters to the Editor
    • Council Comments
  • Special Interests
  • Our Community
    • Our People
    • Question of the Week
    • Jobs in the Central West
    • Be Seen
    • What’s On
    • What’s Hot
  • Features
    • Women in Business
    • Rural Round Up
    • My Place
    • Loving Local Living
    • Wellness Wise
    • Just a Short Drive
    • Real Estate
  • Sports
    • Bowls
    • Cricket
    • Equestrian
    • Footy Tips
    • Golf
    • Netball
    • Rugby League
    • Rugby Union
    • Soccer
    • Touch Football
  • Classifieds
  • Competitions
  • Contact Us
    • Contact Page
    • Advertise with us
    • Testimonials
    • Submit an Article
    • Subscribe to the Forbes Phoenix

Forbes Phoenix

Home » Boosting Mobile Reception In The Bush

Boosting Mobile Reception In The Bush

March 10, 2023 by Roxane Manley

The NSW Liberal and Nationals Government will invest $250 million to boost mobile reception in the bush in small communities, tourism hotspots and along key transport corridors through the Mobile Coverage Program. 

• The new program will target three key areas:

• Small regional communities with little tono existing coverage;

• Key transport corridors, where a boostto coverage can help drive increasedproductivity and improved safety; and

• Visitor economies where major eventsdraw large crowds.

Deputy Premier and Minister for Regional NSW Paul Toole said the NSW Liberal and Nationals Government had already invested in more than 120 mobile towers across regional NSW to boost coverage in known blackspot areas.

“Our $250 million investment in this program shifts away from traditional ‘one tower, one provider’ model thinking in favour of a nation-leading approach to deliver shared infrastructure available for use by all carriers,” said Paul Toole.

The Mobile Coverage project is part of the Regional Digital Connectivity program and funded through the Snowy Hydro Legacy Fund. For more information, visit: www.nsw.gov.au/connectregionalnsw

Filed Under: Articles, General Interest

Click here to download the recent issue (176) of The Forbes & Parkes Phoenix (1.6MB PDF) – 13th February 2026

SEARCH THE PHOENIX

STAY CONNECTED

The Forbes Phoenix would like to thank you, our Facebook friends, for your continued support and readership!

Recent Articles

  • A $7.6 Million Boost For Forbes Future Water Security February 12, 2026
  • Mayoral Notes February 12, 2026
  • Snippets… February 12, 2026
  • Indigenous Storytellers Scholarship Returns February 12, 2026
  • Meet Indigenous Chef Mindy Woods At Forbes Crop Swap February 12, 2026

Phoenix Office 7/113-127 Rankin Street, Forbes NSW 2871

Editor 0432 337 278
editor@forbesphoenix.com.au

Sales 0432 337 278
sales@forbesphoenix.com.au

View our Privacy Policy. View our Conflict Resolution Process. View our Ethics and Complaints Policy. Want to advertise with us? Information on our Community Promotions.

We are always looking for new articles of interest to the local community.

Please feel free to submit an article for possible inclusion in a future issue.

To submit an article, click here to use our online article submission form.

Subscribe

* indicates required

Copyright © 2026 · Magazine Pro Theme On Genesis Framework · WordPress · Log in

Go to mobile version