In another COVID casualty case, Australia’s Biggest Bogan Festival has had to postpone their event from June until November 13 after another flare up of the virus forced some vendors and entertainers from interstate to cancel at the last minute.
Organiser Luke Acheson, while disappointed, remained upbeat.“It’s a postponement not a cancellation and that will allow us to fine-tune some things so maybe it’s a blessing and not a curse after all,” he said.
“We want to run the safest and best event we can for our punters and a June long weekend event would not have guaranteed that and we were not prepared to risk it,” Luke said.
“November means warmer weather, more time to prepare and more options – not to mention the fact that Corona may well be a light beer again and not a virus.”
Tickets and a new program will be advertised soon however most of the initial program from preliminary discussions should remain the same.
“Struggles aside we should be able to really promote this and hopefully get a big turn-out – especially now we have a wet t-shirt comp!”
Follow Australia’s Biggest Bogan Festival on Facebook to keep up-to-date with all the latest info.