If you are searching for a rental property to move into, the question ‘Am I a desirable renter?’ might not have even crossed your mind, but it should. A good landlord will go out of their way to find desirable tenants.
A desirable tenant is someone who has a proven record that they are financially responsible and can take care of the property and follow the rules of the lease agreement.
Remember, if you are a tenant and are searching for a rental property and it sparks your interest, then it is likely that other people will feel the same about it. Make yourself stand out from the competition by going through this checklist below:
• Consistently paying your rent on time and having a good rental payment history.
• Adhering to the terms and conditions of your lease agreement.
• Treat the home as your own, with respect and care for the property.
• Maintaining the property, keeping it clean and tidy.
• Communicate with your landlord and report any issues promptly.
• Have good quality references – previous rental history is best.
A glowing rental history will make you stand out against other applicants and will have landlords keen to have you as a tenant. Quite often, great tenants are rewarded in small ways by their landlords as they are keen to keep you in their property.
For more information regarding becoming a tenant, or completing rental applications, please contact the Property Management team at Century 21 Central West. Servicing Forbes, Parkes and Eugowra.