Round Three of this fund will deliver crucial local infrastructure and programs to improve the quality of life of people living in regional NSW.
Since 2017, the Stronger Country Communities Fund (SCCF) has supported more than 1,000 local projects that make regional communities even better places to call home. In Round One, the NSW Government invested $100 million to improve community facilities such as town halls, recreation facilities, shared paths and playgrounds.
Through Round Two, the NSW Government invested a further $200 million to provide high quality community and sports-related infrastructure.
Round Three will provide an additional $100 million for community projects in regional NSW, with at least $50 million for youth-related projects. The third round of the Stronger Country Communities Fund increases the total value of the Regional Growth Fund to $1.7 billion.
Key changes Stronger Country Communities Fund Round Three:
• dedicates $50 million to youth related projects
• invites applications from councils and, for the first time, not-for-profit and community organisations
• has been expanded to cover programs and events as well as infrastructure
• has extended the application period to three months giving organisations time to submit their applications.
• Applications opened 9am, Monday 1 July 2019
• Applications close 5pm, Friday 27 September 2019
• Eligibility, assessment and approval process October 2019 to January 2020
• Announcement of successful projects- From January 2020
To submit an application head to https://regionaldevelopment.smartygrants.com.au/SCCFProjectR3