• Home
  • Articles
    • Front Page
    • General Interest
    • Snippets
    • Letters to the Editor
    • Council Comments
  • Special Interests
  • Our Community
    • Our People
    • Question of the Week
    • Jobs in the Central West
    • Be Seen
    • What’s On
    • What’s Hot
  • Features
    • Women in Business
    • Rural Round Up
    • My Place
    • Loving Local Living
    • Wellness Wise
    • Just a Short Drive
    • Real Estate
  • Sports
    • Bowls
    • Cricket
    • Equestrian
    • Footy Tips
    • Golf
    • Netball
    • Rugby League
    • Rugby Union
    • Soccer
    • Touch Football
  • Classifieds
  • Competitions
  • Contact Us
    • Contact Page
    • Advertise with us
    • Testimonials
    • Submit an Article
    • Subscribe to the Forbes Phoenix

Forbes Phoenix

Home » Take Two: Labor Reverses Decision On Screen Industry Support

Take Two: Labor Reverses Decision On Screen Industry Support

September 29, 2023 by Roxane Manley

The Minns Labor Government has reversed its decision to wipe out vital funding for the NSW screen industry in last week’s budget.

Shadow Minister for the Arts Kevin Anderson welcomed the move, after questioning the cuts to the Coalition’s Made in NSW Fund and the Post Digital and Visual Effects (PDV) Offset. “The NSW Screen industry provides jobs to more than 14,000 skilled workers across the State, contributing $422m in local production expenditure each year,” Mr Anderson said.

“The decision to cut government support to the sector was short sighted and could have seen productions move interstate or overseas, ripping valuable investment away from NSW.

“This reversal will allow the creative powerhouse of the NSW screen sector to continue to help NSW shine as the cultural and screen capital of Australia,” Mr Anderson said.

“Ongoing investment in the industry generates a significant groundswell of skilled workers, placing NSW at the cutting edge of new technology, and allowing the industry to respond to the needs of future productions. We need to keep doing everything we can to ensure the jobs and the content that the industry creates stays in NSW.”

Filed Under: Articles, General Interest

Click here to download the recent issue (176) of The Forbes & Parkes Phoenix (1.6MB PDF) – 13th February 2026

SEARCH THE PHOENIX

STAY CONNECTED

The Forbes Phoenix would like to thank you, our Facebook friends, for your continued support and readership!

Recent Articles

  • A $7.6 Million Boost For Forbes Future Water Security February 12, 2026
  • Mayoral Notes February 12, 2026
  • Snippets… February 12, 2026
  • Indigenous Storytellers Scholarship Returns February 12, 2026
  • Meet Indigenous Chef Mindy Woods At Forbes Crop Swap February 12, 2026

Phoenix Office 7/113-127 Rankin Street, Forbes NSW 2871

Editor 0432 337 278
editor@forbesphoenix.com.au

Sales 0432 337 278
sales@forbesphoenix.com.au

View our Privacy Policy. View our Conflict Resolution Process. View our Ethics and Complaints Policy. Want to advertise with us? Information on our Community Promotions.

We are always looking for new articles of interest to the local community.

Please feel free to submit an article for possible inclusion in a future issue.

To submit an article, click here to use our online article submission form.

Subscribe

* indicates required

Copyright © 2026 · Magazine Pro Theme On Genesis Framework · WordPress · Log in

Go to mobile version